Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shoes

I'm just wondering if anyone has any input for me on a pair of Vasque Blur SL's.  I ask because these are the pair that I won at a raffle after the race Saturday and have been wondering if I should (reluctantly!) give them a try.  I still think Salomon XT Wings cannot be touched, but that's my preference for my foot and my style of running (and also my limited experience with different types of shoes).  So I don't mean to dog on anyones shoes, seriously.  :-)  Even better would be if you have experience with both shoes and can tell me the biggest difference between the two.

So any input, or even advice on what I should do, would be awesome and greatly appreciated.  After all, they are a free pair of shoes, regardless of which I get.  

Thanks in advance to anyone who decides to chime in.

–MS

2 comments:

Ben, aka BadBen said...

Give the Blurs a try. You might be surprised.

west birch said...

I'm seriously tempted, Ben. Really tempted. But one concern I have is that I've been spoiled with the lacing system of the Salomon's and now "regular" laces might annoy me or make me fear them coming undone or caught on something like a branch during a run. Maybe I'm overly concerned, but I like to plan for these things. Have you ever had a problem with laces coming undone while running deep mud trails like WyCo?

Thank you for your thought. :-)

Post a Comment